MACH 4® Consulting for Sport Parents
WHAT IS MACH 4 CONSULTING FOR SPORT PARENTS?
MACH 4 Consulting for Parents teaches parents and their athletes how to develop, structure, organize and implement an athletic career in their chosen sport. Dr. Smith is also available to evaluate your child’s athletic ability and make recommendations regarding the best path to follow. No matter where your family is in the process, MACH 4 consulting can help.
WHY IS MACH 4 CONSULTING IMPORTANT FOR SPORT PARENTS?
Understanding and navigating the world of Youth sports can be overwhelming for parents and their athletes. Parents play a critical role in the development of their child as an athlete and more importantly as a person. Parents must be involved in their child’s life and know who is coaching them. Parents are and should be a part of the team. What should you look for in an instructor or coach? How much and how often should your child practice each week? How many lessons should your child take each month? How many tournaments or competitions should your child compete in each year? What can you do to help your child reach her/his athletic goals? What is the best way for you to be supportive and successful sport parents? MACH 4 answers these questions and many more.
WHAT MAKES MACH 4 CONSULTING FOR SPORT PARENTS UNIQUE?
MACH 4 Consulting is unique because Dr. Smith has experienced and successfully navigated the process of training as a junior athlete, choosing and attending college on a tennis scholarship, turning professional and playing on the WTA Tour for 14 years, and coaching world class athletes.
WHAT BENEFITS DOES MACH 4 CONSULTING PROVIDE FOR SPORT PARENTS?
MACH 4 Consulting for Sport Parents teaches parents how to:
• choose the best instructor or coach.
• schedule tournaments/competitions – which ones, how often, how many in a row, how many in one year.
• travel to tournaments/competitions.
MACH 4 Consulting for Sport Parents teaches parents and their children how to:
• train/practice during off weeks- how much, how often, when, what to practice, how to practice, and what intensity.
• utilize practice matches – how many, how often, against whom.
• physically train – how much, how often, when, what intensity.
• stretch – how much, how often, when, what intensity.
• implement an eating lifestyle plan – what, when, how often, how much; drinking, what, when, how often, how much.
• implement MACH 4 Mental Training during off weeks.
• prevent injuries.
• warm-up before competition – how to warm-up, length of warm-up, how far in advance of competition.
• train/practice during tournaments/competition- how much, how often, when, what intensity, what to practice, how to practice.
• stay physically fit during tournaments/competition – how much, how often, when, what intensity, how to connect with the on-site trainer.
• stretch during tournaments/competition – how much, how often, when, what intensity.
• implement MACH 4 Mental Training during tournaments.
• continue your eating lifestyle plan during tournaments/competition – what, when, how often, how much; hydration – what, when, how often, how much.
• navigate the tournament environment – what to expect, etiquette, on court and off court behavior.
Dr. Smith is also available to consult with families regarding what it takes to play sports at the collegiate level and the professional level. Some topics of discussion might be how to:
• decide whether to go to college or turn professional.
• be recruited/offered a scholarship by college coaches.
• determine where to go to college.
• transition from juniors to college, college to pros, or juniors to pros.
• balance academics and sports.